Dr Beng has previously led multi-billion dollar businesses and large teams in the information technology and healthcare sectors across Asia Pacific and Japan over the last decade.
His previous appointments include:
- Managing Director for Hewlett Packard (HP) Thailand
- General Manager for HP Enterprise Services segment across Southeast Asia
- General Manager for Asia-Pacific, HP Public Sector Enterprise Sales
- Marketing Manager for the Imaging Information Systems of General Electric (GE) Medical Systems in Asia
- Chief Medical Officer, Novahealth
Dr Beng is a believer, builder and user of meaningful technology innovations in healthcare.
Dr Beng demonstrated his entrepreneurship at a young age when he co-founded a successful and innovative medical dotcom, a patient centric portal with chronic illness management tools. The portal was then acquired by regional systems integrator, Novahealth and Dr Beng helped built it further to a total hospital information system used in various Singapore institutions including National Skin Centre.
Dr Beng started his professional career as a Medical Officer with the Singapore Ministry of Health after graduating from the University of Manchester Medical School in the United Kingdom.
He also holds a Masters in Business Administration from the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago and a General Management Programme from Harvard Business School.